OBP – OCEAN-BOUND-PLASTIC

Certified Ocean-Bound-Plastic

Prevent plastic waste from entering the ocean.

OBP – OCEAN-BOUND-PLASTIC

About Ocean-Bound-Plastic

Ocean-Bound-Plastic is a recycled raw material that can substitute virgin raw material, helps protect our oceans and planet, and is part of a circular economy.

The term Ocean-Bound-Plastic refers to plastic waste that is in risk of ending up in the oceans. This means plastic near waterways that may find its way through e.g. rivers and lakes into the oceans. Risk areas are worldwide defined as 200 km from the coast line.


 The goal of Ocean-Bound-Plastic is to create an integrated land based collection system that converts ocean-bound-plastic waste into recycled products.

 

DEFINING OCEAN BOUND PLASTIC

Where is Ocean-Bound-Plastic collected?

Ocean-Bound-Plastic is preventing plastic waste from entering the oceans by collecting plastic in risk areas found within a 200 km distance of an ocean coastline or waterway that potentially lead into the oceans.

Ocean Bound Plastic is primarily plastic waste from landfills, various collectors (companies, schools etc.) or from plastic banks.

Plastic collected within a 200 km distance of an ocean coastline or waterway that potentially lead into the oceans

 

PLASTIC TYPES

PE (polyethylene), PP (polypropylene) & PET (polyethylenterephthalat)

Ocean Bound Plastic is supplied in HDPE (Polyethylene), PP (Polypropelyne) and PET (Polyethylene Terephtalate). Our team of qualified experts is available to assist you in polymer decisions based on your specific requirements. You can learn more about the different types of plastic we offer below.

PE

POLYETHYLENE

PP

POLYPROPYLENE

PET
POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALAT

 

OCEAN-BOUND-PLASTIC

Packaging & products

All plastic parts made in HDPE, PP or PET can be made in Ocean-Bound-Plastic. Our technical team is ready to help you determine how Ocean-Bound-Plastic can be integrated in your packaging. It is even possible to combine Ocean-Bound-Plastic with Ocean Waste Plastic (OWP) or PCR materials.

 

Do you have specific design or customization requirements? We have our own in house design agency that will help you design your one of a kind packaging or product.

 

Learn more about our standard packaging on our main website:
www.pt-dispensers.com

 

OBP VS. OWP

What is the difference between Ocean- Bound-Plastic and Ocean Waste Plastic?

It sounds similar - but there is a very big difference!

An easy way to tell the difference between Ocean-Bound-Plastic and Ocean Waste Plastic is the fact that Ocean-Bound-Plastic is land based whereas Ocean Waste Plastic is water based. Ocean-Bound-Plastic has not yet  reached the oceans, where Ocean Waste Plastic is collected in the different waterways. 

Ocean-Bound-Plastic is collected from risk areas within a 200 km distance from where plastic waste is prone to enter waterways and essentially reach the ocean. Ocean Bound Plastic is not to be compared to Ocean Waste Plastic (OWP), which is plastic collected directly from the oceans, rivers and beaches.

Plastic waste and pollution originate from several different sources. 80% of the plastic that end in our ocean are from land-based sources such as landfills, trash and debris from construction, ports, marinas, commercial tourism and industrial facilitis etc. The remaining 20% comes from ocean-based sources such as cruise ships, ferries, fishing, container shipping, off shore industries etc.

 

OCEAN BOUND PLASTIC

Contact our OBP specialists

Pack Tech A/S

Virkeholm 3B

DK–2730

Denmark

OBP – Ocean-Bound-Plastic

At Ocean-Bound-Plastic we want to help protect our oceans and planet, and believe in a circular economy.